Friday, November 25, 2011

Addiction to Heartsy and Etsy

I recently interviewed a local artsy photographer for our wedding. That's when she told me about Heartsy --- it's like Groupon but for Etsy!

I haven't been on Etsy in a while but after finding out about Heartsy, it got me browsing Etsy again... particularly wedding stuff. Of course, since I have A.D.D. it lead me to browse jewelry making ideas. Bad. Very bad.

So my addiction for buying "stamping" supplies begins... I tried not to go overboard with the $pending for supplies so I did a lot of research to try and get the most quality for not a lot of money. I bought a disc cutter on Etsy and for other supplies like metal sheets, stamping alphabets, hole puncher, and silver plated trinkets, I bought them at Michael's using 40% and 50% off coupons. :)

It took a few tries and a few frustrating moments for me (with the help of my fiancé) to work the disc cutter... but I think I finally got the hang of it!

Voila! How's that for my first personalized metal stamped jewelry? I want to make more of these personalized jewelry for Christmas! How cute would it be to make charms for my friends and families with initials of their children? :)

The shag in the picture below is my adorable dog's shag. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment