Friday, February 17, 2012

Wedding Hairpiece

I made my own wedding hair piece!!!!! :) :) :)



I made it with a Rooster feather appliqué ($2 from Etsy) and I glued gunned 3 sets of Ostrich feathers ($4.50 on Etsy for 7-8 sets). I temporarily pinned a rhinestone brooch (about $5 from Michaels with coupon)... I looked around everywhere for one that was light, pretty and not pricey... just to cover the base of the Ostrich feather attachments. I had to yank a few Rooster feathers off the top of the appliqué because I thought it made the hairpiece look "too long". I looove the whimsical-ness of the Ostrich feathers!!! They're so wispy!!! An alligator clip was glued to back of appliqué so the hairpiece stays put in my hair. My fiancé was pretty impressed! David's Bridal sells these for at least $80!

I will not take a picture of it in my hair and post... It's a surprise for the big day!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment