HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
So long 2012! You were great (got hitched!) but also tough (work wise)!
Here are FIVE of my new year's resolutions:
1) One Friday night of each month, hubby and I will have date night where we will learn a NEW recipe and cook together
2) Paint and decorate house. It's about time!
3) Learn to say NO more often
4) Run less. Surf more. I still plan on running/racing, just not as much as I have been. I realized ever since I started marathoning, surfing has taken a back seat due to "training".
5) Use materials accumulating in craft room. Since I always have TONS of crafting ideas in my head but I never bring them to fruition, here is a goal for 2013 inspired by my most favorite blogger, Elise. Check out her "27 materials" goal. Pretty cool! Here are my "35 materials" - only my goal is to use as many of these materials by the end of 2013 and I can use mulitple materials in projects. For the materials I use quite often, I will try to kick it up a notch! This is going to be fun!!!
14 leather (real or fake)
16 nature (i.e. leaves, branches)
19 paper mache
26 shells (sea stuff)
Saturday, December 15, 2012
I realize that as the years go by, it seems like there is less and less time in the day, week, month, year… I’m not sure if that’s what growing up is all about? Did my mom feel this way at my age?
All my life, I stuck with the family (or Japanese) tradition of tidying up and cleaning up at the end of the year so that we can ring in the New Year FRESH and ORGANIZED. Well, this year, I may have to toss that out of the window. It’s a good exercise, but I have so many competing priorities this year. Heck, I’m lucky if I can squeeze in vacuuming and cleaning the bathrooms (my usual weekend routine) before the end of the year… I’m ranting and raving about this now because technically the end of the year for me is this Thursday, December 13th, because I am leaving for my HONEYMOON!!! Whoot!
So that means I’m also nixing Christmas cards. Here’s one I will send out electronically. :)