November is a month to reflect on what we're thankful for...
I had some time this weekend to tidy up my craft room and I realized oh my, I have a TON of scrap paper that I need to use up! And I wanted to play with my Martha Stewart leaf punch! :) I love the FALL! So I made this for Thanksgiving dinner with my in-laws (I hope they don't think I'm too bored at home... heehee):
They are table place cards. :) I love the quick stitching (and I really mean quick because they're hardly perfectly sewn)... the stitching gives the paper a "leather" earthy feel. :)
Even though every day feels like an overwhelmingly busy day, if I take a step back I see there is so much to be thankful for... just to name a few off the top of my head:
1) MY HUBBY - We'll have frequent tiffs over something super silly, but at the end of the day he is still my hubby for life... :) too bad he doesn't read my blog!
2) IN-LAWS - My husband's immediate family is one I desired to be a part of all of my childhood... don't get me wrong, I love my family... but growing up in an Asian family meant being raised by super duper strict parents where the word LOVE was NEVER used. So I'm very thankful for each and every one of my in-laws because they are just the sweetest... especially MOM... and I'm not just writing this because I know she checks my blog. :)
3) MY JOB - YES!!! The job that has given me lots of grays!!! My company made 2 big acquisitions (in company history) this year (one worth $20B!) so we are busy at heck! I work with a large department of people across various business units who are smart and genuinely CARING. The job's challenging and it keeps me on my toes. And most importantly it pays the bills! ... and my many, many hobbies!
4) MY HEALTH - This year I've had no major injuries... like bursitis in my knee from slipping on the ice or an (almost) hernia from marathon training!
5) MY HOBBIES - And OH! I have too many of them to start typing here!!! ... all to relieve stress from #3 above!
6) MY FRIENDS - Especially the ones I've kept since college who are like FAMILY.
7) MY DOG - I can't stress just how much I love my dog. He is the smartest, the SWEETEST, THE BEST. I tell him I love him so much, like a million times every day, that my husband gets jealous. This may sound insane but everyday I wish he would live as long as he can... because I simply cannot imagine life without the little bugger.
8) MY FAMILY - they drive me nuts... but this year my brother and I got closer... so that's a warm and fuzzy feeling. :)
So much more to be thankful for! ... but I'll stop here for now. :P
Wow!!! This is the first time I used blogger.com instead of the blogger app. I need to stop being l-a-z-y because blogger.com is so much more fun than the app!!! :D