Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Wedding Card Box

Our wedding is three and a half months away and this DIY bride needs to get her butt in gear!

I finished our wedding card box with supplies from Michaels. The box is a paper mâché box that I found in the wood and paint section. I painted the bottom with white acrylic paint then coated it with Martha Stewart metallic paint. The lid is covered with thick scrapbook cardstock that was on clearance! The wooden letter "G", which is the initial of my soon-to-be last name, is a wood piece that doesn't require any painting. It had a small hole in the bottom so I bought a long wooden stick that fits into the letter really snug and can fit through the box (for sturdiness). Cutting a hole through one of the polka dots on the lid worked like a charm! The teal flower was also on clearance and it had a sticky adhesive on the back so it was perfect for this project. I wrapped a teal ribbon around the bottom of the lid to break up the seam between the lid and the bottom. I like how this project came out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment